Apply to be an electrical Engineer (Vehicle Tracking)
About the Job
Applicants who do not attach their latest CV will automatically be disqualified.
The Electrical Engineer (Vehicle Tracking) reports to the Technical Operations
Manager and is responsible for applying specialist Vehicle Tracking, Telemetry,
and technical expertise to support the installing, testing, tuning, optimizing,
testing of prototype units & customized solutions together with the
Brilliance and Warehouse teams, diagnosing problems of problems & root
cause analysis, repairing, upgrading and maintaining Globaltrack products.
Furthermore, the Electrical Engineer (Vehicle Tracking) is responsible QA standards by updating documentation and supervising the installation process and ensure that Installations Technicians adhere to QA standards for Standard Installations whilst providing on-site Supervisory leadership, Technical training & support for all Installations, health checks and Projects as well as producing Quality reports with long term resolutions and recommendation to improve efficiency and installation times.
Additionally, the Electrical Engineer (Vehicle Tracking) is responsible for training, skills transfer and mentorship within the broader Installations Team ensuring that all Installation Technicians are trained to the skill and level required based on tiering levels and QA standards; and that their skills are assessed on a weekly/monthly basis for remedial training if necessary and up-tiering.
They are required to demonstrate a can-do attitude and proactively come up with solutions for problems that arises during the installations process across all teams in SA & Africa.
• Meeting of Weekly / Monthly Installations and Health check Targets
• Conducting On-Site Weekly / Monthly Installation Technician QA Assessments with all Teams
• Training, Coaching & Mentorship of Installations Technicians based on Tiering Skill Levels & QA requirements
• Conducting Weekly / Monthly Installation Technician Tiering Audits
• Technical Specialist in Telemetrics, vehicle tracking and fuel solutions
• Installation Technician Upskilling & Training
• Quality Assurance & Controls.
• Customer Service Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
• Produce reports related to job functions
Skills and Experience:
• Formal Diploma or Degree specializing in Electronics and/or Telemetry
• 5 to 7 years’ experience in similar role
• Computer Skills (advance MS office, Excel, Report writing)
• Telemetry and Tracking Technology Experience would be advantageous
• Driver’s license essential
• Project Management skills would be advantageous
• Understanding of The Transport industry would be advantageous.
How do I apply?
You have already selected a vacancy that you would like to apply for
Now click on "Tell us about yourself" and complete your personal details such as uploading your CV etc.
Then click on "Complete Online Assessment" and complete the questions